Our Terms & Conditions
Products and/or services supplied by Gleeson & Cox Transport Limited (“Gleeson & Cox”) are subject to the following Terms & Conditions. Ordering products and/or services specified in any quotation from Gleeson & Cox will be taken as acceptance of these Terms & Conditions:
- All supply is subject to availability at the source shown on the quotation. Where product is not available from the designated source, Gleeson & Cox reserve the right to re-negotiate the price.
- All quotations are subject to establishing and updating an agreed delivery programme for supply. Gleeson & Cox will endeavour to provide transport when required, however no guarantee is given or implied.
- The price per tonne, when quoted, takes precedence over the price per metre when invoicing supply. The price per metre is given as a guide only.
- The price per hour, when quoted, will include an additional 30 minutes travel time each day.
- All quotations are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of quotation unless:
a) There is an agreement in writing between us to vary, or
b) The volumes agreed change by greater than 10%.
Please sign and return acceptance of a quotation within the 30-day period.
At the end of this period (or earlier), if applicable, the parties may enter into a new agreement; failing agreement, either party may terminate the contract.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of GST.
- Prices are subject to escalation from the date of acceptance of the quotation based on the Department of Statistics Business Price Indexes.
Gleeson & Cox reserve the right to adjust prices annually on the anniversary of quotation acceptance in accordance with this escalation clause.
- Prices are based upon payment for product and services delivered during the month being made by the 20th of the following month.
- Where spoil/unsuitable material/cut to waste/fill etc. is carted from site to a designated tip and, on arrival at the tip, the load is rejected, Gleeson & Cox reserve the right to notify the non-acceptance, deliver the load to another suitable, authorised tip and charge accordingly.
- Gleeson & Cox reserve the right to apply a surcharge to any products/services supplied to recover any fluctuations in the price of fuel or road user charges.
- Pricing that includes transport costs is based on a full pay load, applicable for the unit/truck type. Any order that requires a short or part load will incur an additional charge.
- All pricing is based upon satisfactory access being available for delivery and unloading/loading. Gleeson & Cox allow 15 minutes on site for tipping aggregate; no allowance is made in the quoted rate for any additional waiting/loading/unloading time. After 15 minutes the applicable hourly truck hire rate will be charged accordingly to the nearest half hour.
- These Terms & Conditions are subject to the Carriage of Goods provisions in The Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 (CCLA).